Going from red to blonde at home [easy guide]
Going from red to blonde is quite a difficult color correction. If you have red hair, and you would like to have lighter hair, there are several things you need to know to succeed.
Removing red pigmentation is not impossible, the only thing is that you will need to proceed with the proper steps.
The most important thing for going from red to blonde is to make sure your hair is resistant enough to resist bleaching. You will always need to bleach your full hair in order to go lighter, and the more resistant your hair is, the more you will be able to lift your hair.
I strongly suggest you that if you are looking forward to be blonde, your hair should look at least orange – red. If your hair is in a deep darker red you should start with a honey color, and then in the second session pursue blonde.
In this article you will see the best way to remove the color, as well as tips so that your hair is healthy in the process.
Going from red to blonde
If you want to remove the red dye from your hair to be blonde, first of all you have to see if it is possible.
Remember that it is always better that your hair is healthier even if it takes longer, than in one session trying to lighten too much and destroy your hair.
When it comes to hair color changes, patience is the key to success.
Let’s start by analyzing the quality of your hair to see the result you should expect:
How much lighter can I be in one session?
When we remove the red color from our hair, there are many factors that determine how much we can lighten our hair.
The first thing is how dark the red is:
- If you have a very intense and dark red, in one color cleaning you will not be able to achieve blonde hair, most likely you will reach a honey or slightly coppery color.
- If you have a light red orange type, there is a good chance that you will achieve blonde hair.
The second thing to keep in mind is how pigmented your hair is:
- If every time you apply dye you apply it to all your hair and frequently, your hair will have more pigmentation, which will make the color more resistant to remove.
- If you don’t apply the dye very often, and when you do, you only touch the roots, the color will be much easier to remove.
The last thing to keep in mind is how damaged your hair is:
- If you have bleached your hair in the last 3 years, your hair will be more sensitive and you will not be able to lighten it much.
- If you have not applied any highlights or bleach in the last 3 years, your hair will be more resistant and you will be able to lighten it more.
Once you’ve asked yourself these questions, you’ll have an idea of how long you can expect your hair to lighten.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU: Does purple over orange hair works?
what is the best way to go from red to blonde?
The best way to lighten your hair is by bleaching your color.
Before I start to explain, I must tell you that I highly recommend that you go with a good professional.
This type of work is very complicated and it is very risky to do it alone at home.
A good colorful hairdresser will take care of you and use good quality products.
This article is so you know what to expect, and you can know what is the best way to do it.
So to remove red dye, the best technique is to bleach your hair.
I recommend that the color you want to achieve is a maximum of 2-3 tones lighter than your current color (depending on the condition of your hair):
- If you have dark red hair: you should achieve a medium reddish-copper color.
- On the other hand, if you have medium red hair: You should achieve a light honey-brown copper color.
- If you have light cooper-red hair: you should achieve a golden blonde color.
These are the results that I recommend the most that you try to achieve in one session.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU: Everything you need to know about bleaching asian hair
How to take care of bleached hair
It is very important that you take maximum care of the quality of your hair during the process.
If you want to be blonde it will probably take a couple of sessions, and you should make sure your hair is strong enough.
In order to be able to bleach your hair with the best results, it is important that:
- A few days before the color service, do not wash your hair.
- On bleaching day, use Olaplex 1 mixed with bleaching powder to minimize damage.
- After dyeing your hair, wait a minimum of 5 days to wash your hair again.
- When you wash your hair, you will need to use a shampoo and conditioner to repair bleaching damage like this one.
- Wait a minimum of 12 weeks to lighten your hair again.
If you follow these tips, your hair will be repaired and you will make the most of the lightening session.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU: How to use Olaplex 0 & 3 for repairing hair
Let’s get better hair!
I hope this article has been helpful for you to know how to go from red to blonde.
Remember that the health of your hair will always be the most important thing.
Don’t get aggressive hair bleaching and be patient.
It will be very worth it!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments.
Until next time!