how to apply conditioner For best results
If you are wondering how to apply conditioner properly, you are in the right article. Curiously, conditioner is one of our most common beauty basics, and many times we are not taught how to do it!
If you apply the conditioner in non-recommended ways, you can cause hair loss and excess fat. And this is not pleasant at all!
The best way to use conditioner on your hair is to apply it after shampooing to squeezed hair only from mid-lengths to ends. Then let it act for 2 to 3 minutes, and rinse it abundantly with water. You should always avoid touching your roots with the conditioner.
However, depending on your particular case, you should make some variations to your hair conditioning routine.
Don’t worry, now I will teach you all the secrets of conditioners, and the best way to use it step by step.
How to apply conditioner properly
Using conditioner is one of the most important musts in our hair care routine. Conditioner is that magical element that makes our hair feel soft and nourished.
Its formula is always prepared for regular use, that means that every time you wash your hair you should use it. The only exception is when you go to apply some intensive treatment like a mask. In this case the mask would replace the conditioner.
Basically conditioners are lubricants for the hair. By helping us maintain flexibility and softness in the hair, this makes our hair less tangled and we have less breakage.
Ideally you should use them at the time of washing your hair. However, it’s okay if you want to use them on dry hair as an overnight treatment.
Let’s start by looking at the basics you should know about conditioner:
The conditioner is designed to be applied every time you wash your hair. Unlike masks, they tend to have a lighter consistency so they can be used frequently without weighing your hair down.
So every time you wash your hair, you should use conditioner. Where there is only an exception is if your hair was very short pixie type. There you don’t need to use it regularly.
In 80% of cases, the conditioner should go after the shampoo. This makes your hair cuticles feel shiny, and smooth. In this process you should:
- Wash your hair twice to clean it well.
- Apply conditioner from mid-lengths to ends.
- Rinse it with plenty of water.
However, if you suffer from oil problems or your hair lacks volume, you can use the conditioner before shampooing. The ideal here would be:
- Wash your hair once first to remove excess dirt.
- Apply the conditioner from mid-lengths to ends.
- Rinse it with water.
- Wash your hair a second time.
- Rinse off all shampoo residue.
In either case, you should always apply the conditioner well away from your scalp. If it gets close to your roots it will cause hair loss problems.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU: How to wash your hair properly step by step
The best way to apply conditioner
Now let’s see the best way to apply the conditioner step by step. As I explained before, there are cases where it may be more beneficial to apply the conditioner before the shampoo.
However, here I will explain step by step the traditional application of the conditioner so that you have the best possible results:
- First wash your hair twice to remove all kinds of oils and residue.
- Rinse the shampoo and squeeze the hair very well until it does not drip. If you need, you can help yourself with a towel to squeeze your hair well.
- Take a nut size of conditioner and rub it on your hands first to spread the product.
- Apply it only from the middle to the ends giving a good massage so that it penetrates the cuticles of your hair.
- Help yourself with a wide comb or your fingers to slightly untangle your hair making sure you don’t get close to the root.
- Let the conditioner work for 2 to 3 minutes. You can collect your hair with a clip so you can bathe your body while.
- Thoroughly rinse your hair to remove all traces of conditioner. If you resist it, put the water a little colder to seal your cuticles better.
This is the best routine to condition your hair every day. The most important key points are to use it on squeezed hair, avoid touching the roots, and massage it well so that it penetrates your hair.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU: How to use dry shampoo for better results
Choose the right type of conditioner
One of the most important things that will really make a difference in your hair is choosing a good quality conditioner.
Conditioners are designed to seal the cuticle of our hair and are very beneficial. However, if you buy a supermarket-quality conditioner, it’s likely to be full of silicones that will make your hair feel soft but won’t treat it.
The best way to get the most out of your conditioner is to use a professional quality product. In this case you will not only make your hair feel soft but you will treat it!
Depending on your need (if your hair is dry, damaged, or colored) you should choose a conditioner that will help you repair your hair. This way every time you wash your hair it will be like a treatment session and you will feel your hair healthier and stronger.
There are 4 quality levels of hair products:
- The products that you can buy in supermarkets or drugstores: These types of products do not have many beneficial ingredients for the hair and the most they usually do is leave your hair soft.
- Organic products: These types of products do not contain the harmful elements that you would find in your supermarket conditioner, but they also do not have a technology to treat the hair.
- Hairdressing supply products: The products that you can normally buy in hairdressing supply stores are usually of better quality than the previous ones. These types of products will treat your hair lightly and won’t have as many harmful ingredients for your hair.
- Professional products: The highest quality brands that are usually sold in hairdressers are the best treatments you can get for your hair. These types of products are designed to treat a specific hair need, and usually have very good quality ingredients.
Depending on your budget, I recommend that you always buy the best type of conditioner possible to treat your hair.
Let’s get better hair
I hope you liked this article and learned how to apply conditioner the right way.
Remember that ideally you should wash your hair 2 or 3 times a week maximum. Don’t go wash your hair every day!
Don’t be tempted to just wet your hair and use conditioner. Every time you wet your hair, it is recommended that you always use your shampoo.
And always buy the best quality products you can wash your hair with. I assure you that you will see a lot of difference!
Until next time!