How to make your hair less greasy In 2 steps
If you are here it is because you are probably wondering how to make your hair less greasy.
My scalp is oily, and I know how annoying and uncomfortable it is for you to wash your hair and in seconds having dirty hair again! Over the years I have discovered many things that have helped me to solve the problem to forget about the fatty roots.
The best way to make your hair less greasy is to control the production of oils from the sebaceous gland with good habits and products. Reducing the times you wash your hair, using a specific anti-grease shampoo, and washing your hair with warm water will make your hair less greasy immediately.
There are many ways to make your hair less greasy, and in this article I will share all the tricks you can do. I will help you to feel clean hair once and for all.
How to make your hair less greasy
Having greasy hair is one of the most annoying things that can happen to our hair!
There are many conditions in the scalp such as dandruff, hair loss, sensitivity, and of course the excess of greasiness.
Interestingly, all hair problems can be cured except oily scalp!
Yes, you heard right.
Sadly, an oily scalp is the only condition that has no cure, but don’t worry, there are many ways to control it. However, if you can keep it under control with proper care and control the problem up to 80%!
Bare in mind that oily hair is bad for your scalp because you can develop other complications such as hair loss, dandruff or sensibility.
You can make your hair less greasy with these two steps:
- Having good hair habits to prevent greasiness.
- Using the proper hair products to eliminate excess of oils from the scalp.
Let’s see each one in detail to enjoy a clean and less greasy scalp:
Hair habits to prevent greasiness
You will be surprised how much you can reduce oily roots by changing your hair care habits a little.
Sometimes our habits make the problem much worse because we stimulate the production of oil from our scalp.
To make your hair less greasy you should:
- Don’t wash your hair every day: Yes, I know this is the hardest thing you can ask for. But the truth is that if you wash your hair daily you will make the problem much worse! You should wash your hair a maximum of 3 times a week.
- Avoid hot water: The hotter you use the water when washing your hair, the more greasy your hair will be. You don’t have to suffer either, but use a warm temperature and run away from super hot water. Bare in mind that hot water is bad for your hair!
- Wash your hair always twice: When you wash your hair, you always have to use the shampoo two times. The first time the shampoo will only take the excess of buildup, and the second time is where your hair will be thoroughly cleaned. Be careful not to be washing your hair too much.
- Do not apply other hair products near the scalp: No conditioners, masks, or styling products near your roots. The only thing that should touch your scalp is the shampoo, otherwise you could be over conditioning your hair.
- Avoid touching your hair: Many times we get too much oil on our hair with our fingers when we touch it too much. Your fingers always have oils in them, so don’t touch your hair too many times a day.
If you follow these cares, you will see that your hair will be less greasy.
READ MORE >> How to tell if your hair is oily
Products to keep your greasiness under control
The products you use can make your life easier or more difficult.
If you have an oily scalp, you always need extra help to level the production of the sebaceous gland of the hair.
If you use supermarket products, you will make the problem worse and your hair more greasy since they are full of silicones!
With good habits but bad products you won’t be able to do much.
But don’t worry, you don’t need many things, the most important products are:
- A special shampoo to reduce oil production: You need a shampoo that is special for oily scalp and dry ends like the Kerastase Divalent shampoo. Every time you wash your hair, it will remove all the oil without leaving your hair dry, and best of all, it will treat your scalp so that it produces less oil.
- A scrub that eliminates all residues: People who have excess fat in the roots, we must exfoliate our scalp at least twice a month. You need to use an exfoliator like the Kerastase Fusio scrub, as it will not only remove all the residue and grease, but you will have less greasiness each time.
If you use these products, you will be surprised how quickly your roots start to feel better and cleaner!
READ MORE >> Dry shampoo makes my hair greasy: How to fix it
Let’s get better hair!
I hope this article has been helpful to you to know how to make your hair less greasy.
Do not be overwhelmed in trying to change many habits at the same time, the changes little by little are much more effective.
Try to first change the worst habits that can cause your scalp to generate more oil than normal, and gradually include more improvements.
I assure you that you can enjoy clean hair without residues if you put the points of this article into practice!
Until next time.